Saturday, June 25, 2011

6 Month Update!

Piper continues to grow big and strong and never ceases to amaze me with the new skills she masters every day! We love our baby girl so much!! At 6 months old, Piper:

-Weighs 16.0 pounds and is 25.5 inches long
-Loves to eat rice cereal two times a day (In the morning I mix it bananas and in the evening I mix it with sweet potatoes)
-Enjoys her Gerber cookies (and makes a complete mess when eating them)
-Blows bubbles with her tongue when she's had enough food (and ends up spitting it out all over whatever I'm wearing. I thought about coming up with some kind of "bib" for adults and selling them to make lots of money and then remembered someone already did. It's called an apron.)
-Makes the funniest faces when I try and give her a taste of whatever I'm eating (then she acts like she's starving and can't believe I didn't think of sharing with her sooner)
-Responds with her voice by making high pitch little sounds when I ask her questions (I can tell she wants to talk so bad)
-Gets up on all 20's (as my mom calls it) in the perfect "push-up" position
-Has started getting up on all fours and rocks back and forth on her knees (as if to get some momentum going so she can swing way forward and reach for the toy she's eyeing)
-Scoots all over the place on her belly (people normally pivot on their heel - Piper pivots on her belly)
-Is totally enamored with tags. If there's a tag on a dolly, a tag on a blanket, a tag on her clothes when she's "helping" to fold laundry, or a tag on any of her toys, she finds it and studies it and plays with it:-) It is brand new to her each time.
-Is Mama's big helper when I'm in the kitchen cooking. She is so happy to sit in her bumbo seat and watch all of the goings on. She reaches out for everything and wants to touch and eat anything she can get her hands on.
-Totally loves her new toys from Mamageese and Papa Carl that have lights and songs and mirrors (Mom, remember the green smiley toy with the mirror and motion sensor? I forgot it had an on and off switch. I can't tell you how many times I've walked by that toy when I'm closing up the house at night and everything is so quiet and all of a sudden I hear, "Weeeeeeee" or "Hahahahahaha" coming from the floor. You think I'd remember to shut the thing off. I'm surprised the toy is still "smiling" at me. I think I've killed/kicked it about four times.)
-Speaking of mirrors, she loves looking at herself in the mirror and often cracks up when she sees herself (and if the angle or view is not quite right, she moves her head from side to side to "fix" it)
-LOVES being outside! (It is not uncommon for us to spend about 2 hours outside taking walks and visiting with neighbors each evening. She sits in her stroller just taking in all of the sights and sounds)
-Does not mind being held by other people (she just positions herself where she can see me the whole time)
-Sleeps well at night (most of the time - she wakes up usually once to eat around 0430 and then goes right back to bed)
-Is teething, teething, teething. She has one little bud on the lower left that has popped through but that's all so far. I'm sure the rest of the bottom ones will pop through any time
-Sometimes gets fussy (and runs a low grade fever) because of her teething but overall is the HAPPIEST baby ever. One of my neighbors asked me the other day if she ever cries because they've never seen her upset:-)
-Gets excited when she talks to her daddy on Skype! She also loves it when her daddy whistles/sings to her. She just sits there listening and watching on the skype cam. S0 precious! We love our little girl so much!

Well, I guess I'll close with that. I know there is so much more - these are just the things on the front of my brain. I better scoot while the baby is still sleeping and get more things done around the house. Here are a couple pictures...


Up on all 20s -sorry she's not looking at the camera!

Outside enjoying some beautiful sunshine!

A teething and slightly fussy Piper... but still precious nonetheless!

LOVES looking in her little mirror!

Precious happy baby! And she is her Daddy's girl for sure!

1 comment: