Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Elizabeth Madison Piper!


I'm sure some of you are probably thinking FINALLY!! I know, I'm quite behind with this blog thing. I'm not exactly sure where 2010 went, but I do know that with it came a move back to Colorado and a precious baby girl! Perhaps one of these days I'll blog about life for last year, post maternity pictures (seems like so long ago!), and post pictures of the amazing showers I was given. But for now I'll introduce our precious baby girl, Elizabeth Madison Piper! She was born on December 7th at 8:14pm weighing 8lbs and 1oz and was 20.5 inches long. For those who are curious, Elizabeth means My God is Bountiful, Madison means Daughter of a Great Warrior, and Piper means Cheerful One. Plus, since I'm married to an aviation enthusiast, and the baby's first flight in a Piper (inside Mama) was at 12 weeks, Piper seemed quite fitting:)

Daddy calming brand new Baby Piper

Me and the Love of my Life

It was a long 25 hour labor and I could not have done it without my wonderful birthing coach - my Jerry Wayne! He was there every step of the way, never leaving my side. He literally labored through each contraction with me. Poor guy... I think I nearly pinched off his fingers -- more than once! What a wonderful husband and daddy he is. I love watching him with our little girl. Right after she came out (Jerry got to catch her and hand her to me!!!) she let out that precious little cry (like all newborns do) and as soon as Piper heard his voice, she stopped and started looking around for her daddy. So precious! Just melted my heart. After we brought her home, I don't think I bathed her, changed her, or dressed her hardly at all the first several days. Jerry took care of everything -- including me!! I love you Darlin! Thank you for such a precious little girl!

Proud Daddy with half-an-hour-old Piper

Daddy getting her dressed after he gave her her FIRST bath!

Daddy, looking incredibly good, after a looooong day. Together, we reached the finish line and came away with THE BEST prize ever!

Daddy getting her dressed on day two...

Loadin' her up and gettin' ready to go!

-------------------------

My mom came about 5 days after Piper was born to help me out when Jerry went back to work. It was great having her here! She made meals, grocery shopped (more than once!), cleaned the house, did laundry, changed/bathed/dressed the baby, kept the Christmas music running, and baked an endless supply of holiday treats and cookies! She even handed me a bottle of water about every hour saying, "Here, you need to drink!" Fun times Mamageese! I'm so glad she came :) I can talk with my Mama for hours on end and I so enjoy our visits. It was such a blessing having her here to help me out! That way, when Jerry got home we could just sit and spend time together and he didn't have to do anything with the house or chores!


Mamageese holding grandbaby #7

Sweet P resting on Daddy's chest after his first day back to work


Mamageese giving Piper a bath

Me, my Mama, and my Baby

My sister Christina surprised me and came with her husband and 6 little kiddos to see our new baby! What a wonderful evening! They were on their way back home from their ski vacation when they decided to drop by for a couple hours. They braved freezing temperatures, going 18 mph over Wolf Pass to get here. It meant so much to me that they wanted to make the effort! Even though they couldn't stay long, I loved being able to share a meal and my home with my big sister (it was about time you got up here!!) Well, actually our husbands ate with the kiddos -- Christina and I were in the bedroom feeding our hungry little ladies!


Christina and 3 of her girls takin' a peak at my girl

Lydia (4 mos) & Piper (3 wks)
Piper does not seem to be enjoying herself. Poor Baby!

Uncle Jerry, Bella, Millie, Laina, and Martin in the basement playing with Army stuff

My sis and I with our babies

Just after Christmas, the Roland family (Mom and Dad Roland, Tim, and Kelley) came for a visit too! They were able to stay several days and spend some time with one of their new grandbabies. They too cooked and/or bought every meal so again, I didn't have to do anything! One afternoon it was so lovely outside we all went up to the mountains to take a hike! On one of the other beautiful days, Jerry took his Dad, Tim, and Kel up in the Cessna for a sky view of the Royal Gorge! Mom Roland and I stayed back with Piper and visited the whole time! Sadly, I forgot to send the travelers with the camera but from what I hear, Kelley took lots of pics!

Proud Daddy with his Daddy

Bebo and Shuggie with their first grandchild!

Shuggie giving Piper a bath

Aunt Kelley and Princess Piper in matching Jammies

Mom and Dad Roland rockin' out to Rock Band! We were having so much fun:)
Uncle Tim in the back holding his niece

About the 2nd week of January, we had another visitor, my sister CarrieLynn! She was so kind to take time away from her hubby to come see us. We did lots of visiting and giggling together just catching up on life and all the goings on. We were also able to sneak in a batch of puppy chow too! Jerry was able to take her up in the Cessna for the same tour and I think Kit had a blast! What a special couple days having another one of my married sisters up here in Colorado!


Aunt Kit 'n Piper

She took this of herself in the plane... too cute!

Beautiful view from the sky

Kit and I. (My, my... I know where my little girl gets her cheeks! LOL)


Last but not least, Jerry's grandmother, our Nani, came to see one of her great-granddaughters! I didn't change a single diaper or dress the baby once the entire 72 hours Nani was here! As soon as Piper would finish filling her diaper, Nani would say, "Is she done? Would you like me to go change her?" She was a huge help! I think a couple times Jerry had to pry Piper out of her arms so he could get a turn to hold her too! I knew for sure that I would at least get her every 3 hours for about 20-30 minutes for her nummy-nummys:) One afternoon, Nani and I went to the mall with the baby and had a lovely time shopping and visiting! I'm so glad she was able to come!

Jerry showing Nani his baby girl

Nani giving her great-granddaughter a bath

Princess Piper sucking her thumb in Nani's arms

We have received countless phone calls, emails, text messages, and presents from so many people! Thank you all so much for being excited with us about our Precious Sweet P. Jerry and I thank the Lord every day for such a special gift. We love being parents! To God be the Glory GREAT things He Has Done!!

4 comments:

  1. Erin,
    What a terrific update! Just loved all the pictures. How special for you to have so many out of town guests! Yall are special to so many. Love you and miss you, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayay! An update!! So good to hear that y'all are doing well. Your daughter is beautiful and I'm sure you're doing an amazing job with her. I'm looking forward to more activity on your blog. :) I'll try to do the same. If Christina has time, we can all make time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The videos were precious. What a tribute to our Lord to have so many visitors. Such JOY His blessings bring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After all of the visitors you had I sure am thankful that you were ok with me visiting! I had a wonderful time and miss you so much, you were so sweet to be so hospitable! Hugs and Kisses- Kit

    ReplyDelete