Monday, May 2, 2011

Montgomery County Fair in Conroe, Texas!

After a long and painful flight, we finally made it back to Texas to see some family and attend the Montgomery County Fair! As a kid, I competed in that fair for years and was looking forward to going back. I thought the flight would be a breeze, thinking my *perfect* 4 month old would sleep the whole time. WRONG! My poor little girl was miserable and screamed about 75% of the time. I felt so bad for her. It was a compilation of the (loud to her but soothing to us) airplane noise and the pressure in the cabin. I was never so glad to hear the wheels come down for landing. It was music to my ears! (Note: because of all the prayers, the trip home went much better... she slept the whole time! Thank you Lord!)


Uncle Travis holding Piper for the first time. Piper had on a cute little hoodie that went with her outfit but I quickly took it off since it was sooooo hot back in Texas!

Uncle Tim with Piper. She is not sure of all the people yet... poor baby! There were camera flashes going off right and left.

Beebo on the swing with his granddaughter! It took Piper and I both a few days to adjust to the south east Texas heat. We only went outside in 15 min increments because of the oppressive humidity. Makes me so grateful for the weather where we live! I'm spoiled:-)

AT LAST! The Roland/Mathis cousins meet!! Linds and I have been waiting and waiting to get our little girls together and it finally happened. I think we were more excited about it than they were. But hey... I know in time they are going to be kindred spirits! Here are Piper and Natalie both 4 months old (and just 3 days apart).

Nani came over that evening after work to see her great-granddaughter. Piper enjoyed seeing her again!

The morning of the chicken show the fam was out in the chicken pen pickin' those winning birds! (Note: Jesse got 17th place and won $2500!! Way to go Jesse!!!)

My little rodeo girl in the stroller hanging out. This outfit is actually Natalie's but it was too big for her so Aunt Lindsey let Piper wear it. It was so precious! Cheeks had the cutest little red bow in her hair but she was sweating so bad I took it out.

So happy... just like her Daddy...

Natalie and Piper being such troopers on fair day! It was so hot!!

Sunday afternoon we went to Nani's for lunch. Uncle Mike and Aunt Cathy really enjoyed getting to spend some time with their great-niece!

Here is Jesse with his Grand Champion bread! He won $4000 that night! Basket display compliments of Yours Truly.

Shuggie with Piper the night of the auction. It was quite noisy in there and Piper was not so sure of all the noise. At least there was air-conditioning! Hence the long sleeves.

Nat was asking Pipe if she wanted to go grab lunch and hang out at the mall together. Piper was so excited about the lunch part!!

The crocs are from Aunt Kit... it was finally warm enough to wear them!! So cute!! (Oh, and I had fun being able to wear my flip flops again! The last time I wore them was last year!)

One after noon Christina was in town getting her hair done so Piper and I went to join her! She got to see Piper again and couldn't believe how much she had grown! Oh, and I LOVE how Christina's hair turned out! So cute! She does NOT look like she's got six kids with one on the way.

Papa Greg came over one morning for breakfast about 8am. Which is why the girls are still in jammies! He enjoyed spending some time with the great-granddaughters!

Piper thought his beard was so neat...

And to close out the trip, Lindsey and I went with our little ladies to go get some dinner and walk around Market Street together. It was such a wonderful evening... breeze gently blowing and hardly any humidity! I was so glad Linds and I got to spend some time together. We both love being Mamas to our little girls!

1 comment: