Tuesday, February 22, 2011

BOWS, BOWS, and more BOWS!

So I have been admiring all of these cute baby girls that have HUGE bows and flowers in their hair that match oh-so-adorably with their outfits! I have wanted some for my little girl and decided to do some cost comparison to see if I should buy them or make them. I love the elastic crochet headbands and knew that I would have to buy those. I found a gal on post selling them for around a dollar each and thought I'd be able to do a little better than that. I checked on ebay and found a lot of 20 for a total of $10.85! So I picked my color selection and they finally arrived today! They are so cute - I love 'em!
As for the bows and flowers, they too appeared to be a little on the pricey side. I was finding them for $3+ a piece so I decided to make my own. Piper and I went to Hobby Lobby and got ALL of the flowers and ribbons and supplies for half off! We were having so much fun shopping! I watched some youtube videos on how to make boutique bows before diving in. I stayed up till after 1am designing my creations and was up to my elbows in hot glue. Literally! After a while everything was sticking to me! LOL! When I was finished, I added up the cost for everything for 1 large (5") daisy flower or 1 (5"-6") large ribbon bow and it came to about $1.30 for each one. Not bad! I can't wait to make more. But for now, here are the popular colors Sweet P needed...

These are the crochet headbands that I ordered... Love the colors! I will be able to alternate colors of bows/flowers with different color headbands to match every outfit she has!

Princess Piper being a sport and letting me try on her hair accessories...

Getting some sugar from Mama

Pipe and Mama! I love my baby!


4 comments:

  1. My cleaver daughter:) These look so adorable, and your little Piper was very cooperative....They look amazing, you could go into business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo adorable (bows and baby)!! One day I will be expecting some of these!! P.S. I LOVE the picture of you two ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always knew your little girl would have bows and bows and bows.....and she looks precious in them! Way to go! Love and hugs- Kit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Here is another great website. http://www.girlythingsbows.com/

    ReplyDelete